Monday, 20 November 2017

Christmas Gifts That Give Back.

Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,


I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF!! Have you ever woken up one day, looked around your house and though ‘my God I have a lot of crap,’ and then realised that Christmas is right around the corner and you will inevitably get a crap load of more crap! Now to be fair, not all of my stuff is junk, some of it I appreciate very much, but I just seem to have so much of it and as I am desperately trying to downsize in time for moving house, I am finding Christmas gifts from two years ago that I have yet to even use. Which is why I have been looking into making my Christmas shopping mean something this year.

  I have been looking for the brands that give back or give you the opportunity to give a gift that will help others, be it animal, environmental or human. In my search I was pleasantly surprised by the huge range of affordable, ethical gifts that are out there now, so I made you all this list of where to look if, like me, you want Christmas crap to become life changing gifts.  

RSPCA - 
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

So you may know that the RSPCA has charity shops dotted all over the country, but did you know they also have a fantastic online shop full of homeware, stationary, Christmas decorations and gifts perfect for pet lovers. The more you shop, the more you are contributing to a charity that protects our furry friends from abuse, exploitation and abandonment.

Oxfam - 
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

Second hand books are a guilty pleasure of mine, especially when they are ‘like new’ quality as much of Oxfam stock is. But it would be criminal to overlook Oxfam’s fair trade handmade items too, including quaint Christmas decorations, diaries and amazing Devine chocolate advent calendars. Everything is high quality for low costs and you know you are supporting artisans and crafts people around the world thanks to their Fair trade commitments. Oxfam also has gift aid donations where you can support the health, education, clean water or farming efforts of those in less developed countries.

The Body Shop - 
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

Now, I’m a little bias here, as I have recently got a Christmas job at the Body Shop, but since joining them, I have been blown away by all the incredible, ethical and charitable things that the brand does that I never knew about. Their awesome Christmas gifts actually go to support the safe play areas for Syrian refugee children, (at no additional cost to you,) plus they have a ton of healthy, natural body care and beauty items that are never tested on animals and often feature vegan and Fairtrade ingredients.  

Etsy - 
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

Are you sick and tired of seeing your friends and family open the exact same gifts mass produced from a massive super store? Etsy is the cure to this; with millions of perfect, handcrafted and custom made gifts from artists, crafters and expert makers all over the world, you support small businesses and artisans whilst finding an adorable, unique gift that you cannot buy off the shelf anywhere else.

WWF - 
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

I remember a series of Christmases when I was a child where a lion was top of my Christmas list, (a legit real lion, I seemed to think that was a totally doable gift!) The awesome thing is WWF enables you to fulfil this wish… sort of. They have adopt an animal gifts where you can adopt an endangered species on behalf of a loved one, not only do they know that their gift is supporting the animal, but they also receive an adorable cuddly toy of that animal, a fact pack, stickers and regular updates on the conservation efforts for the animal.

Ethical Superstore -  
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

If you’ve ever been frustrated by the desire to be more ethical in your shopping but having no idea what brands are eco-friendly then you are gonna love this site; the Ethical Superstore has done the research for you and only represents brands who have a high standard of environmental, fair trade, non-cruelty or vegan values. Offering a massive range of products across food, beauty, fashion, homeware and many more you can shop here in the reassurance that all of the featured brands are taking a stand to protect as well as produce. You can even adjust the filters whilst browsing products to suite your needs; for example only vegan food products, only eco-friendly home products, only beauty products free of animal testing.

Present Aid - 
Charity, ethical, kindness, gifts, presents, WWF, RSPCA, the Body Shop, Ethical Superstore, Present Aid, Oxfam, Etsy, animal lovers, environmentally friendly, love, Christmas, gift guide, where to shop, shopping,

This is the online gift shop of Christian Aid charity and specialises in gift aid such as school books, livestock, antibiotics and shoes to be donated to the poorest and most vulnerable people across the world. There’s a great range of gifts for varied budgets too, you can donate a baby goat for £9, fisherman training for £13, up to safe accommodation for victims of sexual violence for £20 or a water pump for £30. If you know anyone who would love the idea of their gift transforming a life then give this website a try as they are striving to make charitable giving as easy and affordable as possible.


That’s my list of gifts that give back but I’d love to hear from you guys if you know of any companies or individuals who are helping the world become a better place this Christmas. Have you ever given one of these gifts or perhaps received one? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to send this post to your friends and family to help them shop for a kinder Christmas. x


No comments:

Post a Comment